UPDATE: The main website for paleorXiv can now be found here.
PaleorXiv is a free community-led digital archive for Paleontology research. We provide a non-profit platform for paleontologists to upload their working papers, pre-prints, accepted manuscripts (post-prints), and published papers. We also provide options to link data and code, and for article versioning. PaleorXiv is dedicated to speeding and opening up paleontological research and helping to build the future of scholarly communication.
We launched in the summer of 2017, and are open for submissions.
PaleorXiv Steering Committee
This website represents our temporary blog and information portal. The platform is led by a Steering Committee comprised of members from the global Palaeontology community:
- Jon Tennant, Imperial College London, UK, and ScienceOpen, Germany
- Jostein Starrfelt, University of Oslo, Norway
- Jérémy Anquetin, University of Fribourg and Jurassic Museum, Switzerland
- Dan Peppe, Baylor University, USA
- Caitlin Syme, University of Queensland, Australia
- Gabriel Ferreira, Universidade de São Paulo
- Thea Boodhoo, Institute for the Study of Mongolian Dinosaurs
Please email us if you would like to be involved.
Important links and media
- A guide to posting preprints (Open Science Framework)
- PaleorXiv on Wikipedia
- PaleorXiv in Nature News
- Discussion on citing preprints
- Life Sciences Network feature
- PaleorXiv in ARL Policy Notes
- Should we cite preprints? (Royal Society of Biology editorial includes paleorXiv)
- Fossil News: What would Open Access to all Paleontology research look like?
- Nature Index: Encouraging paleontologists to stop hiding the bones
- COS press release: Six New Preprint Services Join a Growing Community Across Disciplines to Accelerate Scholarly Communication
- The Open Access interviews: Rusty Spiedel, the Center for Open Science
- Flockademic: These trailblazers are paving the way for Open Access
- Digital Science podcast: Preprints, peer review and publishing
On the blog
- PaleorXiv now open for submissions!
- Draft submission guidelines for paleorXiv
- Welcome to paleorXiv!
- PaleorXiv is a free publishing platform for Paleontology